Monday, August 29, 2016

Mystery Boxes DIY


Hey everyone,

I was inspired by the Creative Christian Mama's post to create Mystery Boxes. I think they will be a great way to stimulate the men and women using the room at Camp Venture; they will get to exercise and strengthen their sensory skills in some new and exciting ways. These will be the second and final "game" type edition to the room, and I will now share the relatively easy process with you.

Steps:
Find an old tissue or shoe box. I used a tissue box, which obviously has an opening too large to play the game properly. A piece of felt that matches colors of the tissue box's original design will do the trick to cover the holes in the top and at the front.


My suggestion is to cut the hole for the hand BEFORE you hot-glue the felt to the tissue box. Use an X-ACTO knife to make the initial hole; then, you can use a scissor to cut three or four Xs so that you can fit your hand inside.




Now that you've glued the piece of felt on, you can insert the "mystery item." Some suggestions: bubble wrap, a paint brush, a fake flower, a fake bird, a spoon, etc. It's important that you choose something that isn't small enough to be easily taken out of the box and that cannot be a choking hazard. 



You're ready to play!



Here are the three mystery boxes together.


Who's inside?
Ultimately, I am happy with how this mini-project turned out! Stay tuned for more posts, as I will soon be putting up the tiles from my fundraiser in the room as my Gold Award endeavor comes to a close.

Thanks, 
Maria



No comments:

Post a Comment